- INTERVIEW CATEGORIES
- .Net Interview Questions
- ASP.NET Interview Questions
- ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- C-Sharp Interview Questions
- C-Sharp .Net interview questions For Freshers
- .NET Framework Interview Questions
- VB.NET Interview Questions
- WCF Interview Questions
- WPF Interview Questions
- SQL Server Interview Questions
- Top SQL Interview Questions
- LINQ Interview Questions
- ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- SharePoint Interview Questions
- Silverlight Interview Questions
- Software Testing Interview Questions
- Java interview Questions
- J2EE interview questions
- PHP Interview Questions
- Webdesigning Interview Questions
- HTML 5 Interview Questions
- HTML, DHTML Interview Questions
- CSS Interview Questions
- Networking Interview Questions
- SEO Interview Question
- HR Interview Question
- Aptitude test Interview Question
(.Net Interview Questions and Answers )
- Q1. What is .NET ?
NET is essentially a framework for software development. It is similar in nature to any other software development framework (J2EE etc) in that it provides a set of runtime containers/capabilities, and a rich set of pre-built functionality in the form of class libraries and APIs The .NET Framework is an environment for building, deploying, and running Web Services and other applications. It consists of three main parts: the Common Language Runtime, the Framework classes, and ASP.NET.
- Q2. How many languages .NET is supporting now ?
When .NET was introduced it came with several languages. VB.NET, C#, COBOL and Perl, etc. The site DotNetLanguages.Net says 44 languages are supported.
- Q3. How is .NET able to support multiple languages?
A language should comply with the Common Language Runtime standard to become a .NET language. In .NET, code is compiled to Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL for short). This is called as Managed Code. This Managed code is run in .NET environment. So after compilation to this IL the language is not a barrier. A code can call or use a function written in another language.
- Q4. How ASP .NET different from ASP?
Scripting is separated from the HTML, Code is compiled as a DLL, these DLLs can be executed on the server.
- Q5. What is smart navigation?
The cursor position is maintained when the page gets refreshed due to the server side validation and the page gets refreshed.
- Q6. What is view state?
The web is stateless. But in ASP.NET, the state of a page is maintained in the in the page itself automatically. How? The values are encrypted and saved in hidden controls. This is done automatically by the ASP.NET. This can be switched off / on for a single control .
- Q7. How do you validate the controls in an ASP .NET page?
Using special validation controls that are meant for this. We have Range Validator, Email Validator.
- Q8. Can the validation be done in the server side? Or this can be done only in the Client side?
Client side is done by default. Server side validation is also possible. We can switch off the client side and server side can be done.
- Q9. How to manage pagination in a page?
Using pagination option in DataGrid control. We have to set the number of records for a page, then it takes care of pagination by itself.
- Q10. What is ADO .NET and what is difference between ADO and ADO.NET?
ADO.NET is stateless mechanism. I can treat the ADO.Net as a separate in-memory database where in I can use relationships between the tables and select insert and updates to the database. I can update the actual database as a batch.