- INTERVIEW CATEGORIES
- .Net Interview Questions
- ASP.NET Interview Questions
- ASP.NET AJAX Interview Questions
- C-Sharp Interview Questions
- C-Sharp .Net interview questions For Freshers
- .NET Framework Interview Questions
- VB.NET Interview Questions
- WCF Interview Questions
- WPF Interview Questions
- SQL Server Interview Questions
- Top SQL Interview Questions
- LINQ Interview Questions
- ASP.NET MVC Interview Questions
- SharePoint Interview Questions
- Silverlight Interview Questions
- Software Testing Interview Questions
- Java interview Questions
- J2EE interview questions
- PHP Interview Questions
- Webdesigning Interview Questions
- HTML 5 Interview Questions
- HTML, DHTML Interview Questions
- CSS Interview Questions
- Networking Interview Questions
- SEO Interview Question
- HR Interview Question
- Aptitude test Interview Question
(SEO Interview Question and Answers )
- Q1. Which are the most important area to include your keywords?
Page title and Body text are the most important areas where we can include keywords for the SEO purpose.
- Q2. What are webmaster tools?
Webmaster tools is a free service by Google from where we can get free Indexing data, backlinks information, crawl errors, search queries, CTR, website malware errors and submit the XML sitemap.
- Q3. What is the best way to maximize the frequency of crawling of your website by search engines?
Frequently adding new, original and quality content on the website.
- Q4. Do you know who is Danny Sullivan?
He is a Journalist who covers the field of web search, considered as search engine guru and editor at searchengineland.com
- Q5. Who is Matt Cutts?
He is the head of web spam team at Google
- Q6. What is the best criterion to identify the value of a backlink?
The authority of the domain, quality of the content on the page where the backlink is provided and then the page rank of the website.
- Q7. What is keyword proximity?
Keyword Proximity is a measurement criteria of the closeness of the keywords within the Page Title, Meta Description and Body Text.
- Q8. What is keyword prominence?
Keyword prominence is the location of the keywords in the page title, meta description and body text
- Q9. Difference between exit rate and bounce rate?
Bounce rate is the percentage of people who leaves a particular website just after visiting a single page on this and exit rate refers to the percentage of people who leaves from a particular page
- Q10. What is the Panda update and which is its current version?
Panda is a search algorithm update by the Google to take on the content farms, low quality websites and the websites getting low quality backlinks, Google removed a lot of the webpage from the higher search index during this update and the current version of Panda is 2.5.3 updated on October 19/20th Oct. 2011…
- Q11. What was caffeine update?
Caffeine update was rolled out by Google in June 2010 and the main purpose of this update was to include more fresh results in the search index, at least 50%..
- Q12. A customer can give you an access to only one tool, which one will you choose, Webmasters or Analytics?
Of Course Webmaster tools, because these are almost the essential tools for the search engine optimization, we can have some analytics data in the webmasters as well. But now due to the inclusion of webmaster data in Analytics, we would like to have access to Analytics.
- Q13. What is 404?
It is a server error code which is returned by the server what a particular webpage or the file is missing from the webhost server.
- Q14. What is 301 redirect?
It is a SEO friendly version of permanent redirect for the webpages or the domains.
- Q15. What is 302 redirect?
It is a temporary redirect
- Q16. What is robots.txt?
Robots.txt is a text file used to give instructions to the search engine crawlers about the caching and indexing of a webpage, domain, directory or a file of a website.
- Q17. What are the other methods to restrict a webpage from the search index?
we can use noindex meta tag.
- Q18. What are Google Webmaster Tools crawl errors?
Crawl errors provides the information about the URLs of your website which are not accessible but linked from somewhere.
- Q19. What is a landing page?
a landing page is a page in the website which is designed to attract the visitors to contact/subscribe/buy a service or the product by reading few lines of important information about that particular service or the product on that page.
- Q20. What is the recent change in Google Analytics?
Real time visitors info, visitors flow, webmaster tools SEO data and website speed data.
- Q21. How to handle the duplicate page in the website?
using canonical tag.
- Q22. What are the types of CSS and which is better for SEO?
3 types, Internal CSS, inline CSS and external CSS.
- Q23. How many heading tags are there in HTML?
6 tags, from H1 to H6
- Q24. Can we use more than one H1 on a single webpage?
Of course, if there is a need of describing two related topics on the same page then we can use, but using more than 2 or 3 will not provide any credit to the search engines. Matt Cutts advise on using more than one H1 tag
- Q25. Italic or Bold, which is more useful?
Both are almost same but Italic have a slight more better for keyword targeting on the webpage.
- Q26. What are top SEO ranking factors?
Quality of content on the webpage, quality and quantity of backlinks to the webpage, anchor text used in the backlinks, domain authority, social sharing metrics and some other traffic metrics like page CTR, bounce rate and average time on the webpage.
- Q27. What is the criteria for removing a webpage from Google search index?
It should return a 404 not found error or it should be 301 permanently redirected.
- Q28. Some basic and quick steps to increase the webpage speed.
removing the unused code and scripts. Replacing internal and inline CSS with the external CSS. Using web servers page compression methods. Using small sized images or minimizing the no. of images.
- Q29. What is CTR?
It is Click Through Rate.
- Q30. What is CTA?
It is Call to Action